John Pool's Lab
Population Genomics and the Genetic Basis of Adaptive Evolution
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin - Madison
> Research <
> People <
> Publications <
> Genomes <
> Why Study
> Why Flies? <
> Contact Info <
> Want to Join? <
* We have two significant new papers, as featured in a recent UW press release! Our PNAS paper shows that wing size evolution in Ethiopian flies was accompanied by a loss of developmental canalization. Our Nature Communications paper shows the genetic basis of a female-specific color dimorphism under ancient balancing selection. Believe it or not, the latter paper is now the subject of a Shakespearean sonnet! On Samuel Illingworth's blog, you can read or hear "Rough in Love".
* John's paper on natural selection shaping the ancestry of North American D. melanogaster is online at MBE (LINK)!
* Our Drosophila Genome Nexus paper is published by Genetics (PDF)!
* The Pool Lab welcomes Jeremy Lange as a new PhD student!
* Our paper on environmental correlates of Drosophila pigmentation has been published!
* Our "Drosophila Genome Nexus" has >600 consistently aligned D. melanogaster genomes!
* The Pool Lab welcomes Quentin Sprengelmeyer as a new PhD student!
* Congratulations to Nicole Bangart, Evan Johanning, & Jeremy Lange on their graduation!
* The lab receives a five year R01 grant from NIH/NIGMS!
Justin receives an NIH Kirschstein postdoctoral fellowship!
The Pool Lab welcomes two new postdocs - Héloïse Bastide and Amir Yassin!
Our new Drosophila population genomics study is published at PLoS Genetics!
Ryuichi receives a postdoctoral fellowship from the government of Japan!
Justin receives a GSTP postdoc traineeship!
Justin Lack arrives as a new postdoc!
Ryuichi Sugino arrives as a new postdoc!
The lab is born!