John Pool's Lab
Population Genomics and the Genetic Basis of Adaptive Evolution
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin - Madison
> Research <
> People <
> Publications <
> Genomes <
> Why Study
> Why Flies? <
> Contact Info <
> Want to Join? <
* John's paper on natural selection shaping the ancestry of North American D. melanogaster is online at MBE (LINK). More papers coming soon - check the Publications page.
* Our Drosophila Genome Nexus paper is published by Genetics (PDF).
* The Pool Lab welcomes Jeremy Lange as a new PhD student.
* Our paper on environmental correlates of Drosophila pigmentation was published.
* Our "Drosophila Genome Nexus" has >600 consistently aligned D. melanogaster genomes.
* The Pool Lab welcomes Quentin Sprengelmeyer as a new PhD student.
* Congratulations to Nicole Bangart, Evan Johanning, and Jeremy Lange on their graduation.
* The lab receives a five year R01 grant from NIH/NIGMS.
Justin receives an NIH Kirschstein postdoctoral fellowship.
The Pool Lab welcomes two new postdocs - Héloïse Bastide and Amir Yassin.
Our new Drosophila population genomics study is published at PLoS Genetics.
Ryuichi receives a postdoctoral fellowship
from the government of Japan.
Justin receives a GSTP postdoc traineeship.
Justin Lack arrives as a new postdoc.
Ryuichi Sugino arrives as a new postdoc.
The lab is born!